Here you can find the most frequently asked questions.
Can't find what you looking for? Contact us and we will
help you as soon as possible!
Booking & Reservations
For a single bicycle reservation click on the chosen bicycle and will in the required fields. For multiple bicycles reservation CLICK HERE and choose as many different bicycles as you need. Fill in the required fields in order to complete your reservation.
All of the bicycles are located at the shop in Sint Jansstraat 25, 9712JM, Groningen, The Netherlands. For special requests on delivery please contact us directly.
Not necessarily, it is highly advisable though.
More you rent, cheaper it gets. Bicycle rent starts as low as 5eur for 3 hours. Bicycle rent for 24 hours would be 10eur. Bicycle rent for 48 hours would be 20eur. Bicycle rent for 72 hours would be 25eur.
There is no deposit needed. Bikes in Groningen crew will ask you to sign the contract of the bicycle with your personal information. ID card or Driver's licence copy may be asked as a proof.
Yes, it is possible. If you would like to return your bicycle earlier then you planned just simply come by the shop during working hours. If the shop is closed and you still wish to return the bicycle, please contact us.
Yes, it is possible to pay cash. It is also possible to pay with card.
There is no minimum duration of the contract. The shortest time of rental period is 3 hours, even though the bicycle is returned after 1 hour, you will be charged for the time of 3 hours which would be 5-7.5eu.
Yes, it is possible. Phone number +31502086265. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also book your bicycles on the website www.bikesingroningen.com
Contact us by phone +31502086265, e-mail email@example.com Or choose the dates on website www.bikesingroningen.com and we will contact you shortly after about availability.
For groups reservation different tariffs may apply. Please contract us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
At the moment all the bicycles must be returned to the place where picked up. (Sint Jansstraat 25, 9712JM, Groningen)
Please contact us by e-mail email@example.com for more details.
If you would like to extend your reservation please contact us.
It is possible to cycle through the rain as well. Therefore we have rain-coats ready for you for a small fee(1-3eu).
- Customer agrees to return the bike in clean, UNDAMAGED condition to avoid any ADDITIONAL charges for repair, maintenance or replacement.
- Customer accepts use of the equipment, AS IS, in good condition and accepts full responsibility for care of the equipment while under his/her possession. Damaged parts or components will be repaired/replaced at the shop’s discretion and customer agrees to pay regular shop rates and retail prices for components replaced. Clean condition means normal wear and tear is accepted but does not include broken spokes, rims, bent rims, damaged frames, handlebars, seats or other parts from misuse and/or crashes.
- Hourly and Daily rentals are due back 10 minutes before closing time. Late returns are subject to fees.
- No return of the rented bicycle must be compensated 500eu. (the worth of one rental bicycle is 500eu)
- If the bicycle is broken, it has to be compensated by the amount of damage is done
- “BIKES IN GRONINGEN” is authorized to charge the credit card the have on file for for all eventual costs in case of damages to the bicycle(s) during the rental period, comprehensive of labor, except in the case, that one can demonstrate other’s faults with evidence and all necessary information for reimbursement. In case of theft, person who agrees to rental agreement is be responsible for reimbursing “BIKES IN GRONINGEN” for the original price of the bicycle(s), plus the cost of any accessories that were provided at the time of the bike rental.
We rent wide variety of bicycles. More models are available, please contact us directly or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Single speed bikes without hand-brakes
- 3-gears with hand-brakes,
- 3-gears with hand-brakes and low frame bikes
- 7-gears with hand-brakes bikes for man and female
- 3-gears with hand-brakes kids bicyclesItem
- Family bikes with little kids.
Bicycle rental includes a properly checked and ready to go bicycle with 2 strong locks and 2 lights included. As extra, you get straps for your bags on the back of your bicycle.
We have not only ladies bikes. Man's and kids bikes are available as well.
No, we do not have tandems available at the moment.
Yes, we do have bikes for children.
No, we do not have e-bicycles available at the moment
No, we do not have motorized bikes or scooters at the moment.
Safety & Insurance
No, unless it's a family bicycle with little kids.
Each rented bicycle is signed under the contract by responsible person.The "renter" is responsible to return the bicycle in the same condition as it was. If bicycle is not returned, it has to be compensated. The worth of 1 bicycle is 500eu. If insurance was taken, it will minimise the full amount to 150eu in total. Each bicycle is equiped with 2 strong locks.
The bicycle must be returned to the bike shop where it was picked-up. It is not allowed to ride on a broken/damaged bicycle, therefore it must be walked down aside of you. Each rented bicycle is signed under the contract by responsible person.The "renter" is responsible to return the bicycle in the same condition as it was. If bicycle is not returned, it has to be compensated. The worth of 1 bicycle is 500eu. If insurance was taken, it will minimise the full amount to 150eu in total. Each bicycle is equipped with 2 strong locks.
Even though we provide 2 strong locks with each rented bicycle, we have additional insurance available for 2.5eu per day per bicycle and it will minimize the risk of bike being stolen from 500eu to 150eu.
We may provide bicycle tire repair kit if needed. Please make sure you have requested it before your reservation starts.
Yes, we do provide helmets for additional fee.
Yes, it safe. We have special kid's seats available for the comfort and safety of the kid. More information about cycling with a kid you may find here
Usage of phones and cellphones are prohibited by law.
Culture and Activities
Groningen is one of the most friendliest cities for cycling. Bicycle is the best transportation, you may reach every single point of the city within 1 hour of ride.
We do provide maps with a very basic bicycle routes. More maps you may find in Tourists Information Center located 270m away from "Bikes in Groningen" shop.
At the moment we do not provide any tours.
Bikes in Groningen
Please contact us if you any question regarding our service or products. We will respond as soon as possible.